Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Celebrate Chinese New Year with RED

Welcome to the 2nd episode of {Get Ready For CNY14 With Sasha}. In the first episode, I shared a CNY beauty look that I created by using many of my favourite Benefit Cosmetics. Today, I'd like to continue to embrace the holiday spirit with the shade of red.

My original plan was wearing a traditional Chinese dress called Qi Pao. But then I figured the couture dress is not really practical for every day life, so I decided to let different layers and some hints of red play an ensemble. 

欢迎来到{与肖洒一起准备春节}特别专栏的第二集。在第一集里,我跟亲们分享了一个用我很喜欢的一些贝琳妃化妆品打造出来的妆容。而今天呢,我就希望能延续红色所带来的节日气氛。本来啊,我是想穿旗袍的,但是后来觉得太隆重了,不太适合每天的日常生活。所以就决定搭配一套比较适合冬天又有红色点缀的着装。
Leather-Jacket, Hot-Pink-Blazer, Lace-Skirt, Red-Shoes, Balloon
LeChateau-Gloves, Black-Leather-Jacket, Club-Monaco-Blazer, Winter-Outfit

Lace-Skirt, Pink-Blazer, LeChateau-Gloves, Black-Leather-Jacket, Winter-Outfit
Red-Balloon, Black-Leather-Jacket, Pink-Blazer, Fashion-Blogger
When I was little, my mom would buy a brand new outfit from head to toe for me before Chinese New Year as she hoped wearing something new and red would bring me some good luck in the upcoming year. Although I didn't really buy this superstitious thinking, I was still always excited about New Year since it was associated with new cloths, fresh beginning, and of course, some lucky money. 
  
当我很小的时候,我妈妈总是会在过春节之前就给我买一身新的红衣服,因为她希望这样能给我在新的一年里带来好运。尽管我不太相信这种迷信的做法会真的有什么用,但是因为过年总是有新衣服穿,又能拿到红包,所以我还是每年都很期待。

Thank you so much for stopping by!
感谢光临我的小博客!

Photography: Stephen Foks

Top: Haightand Ashbury (Canadian Design Clothing)
Blazer: Club Monaco (old, similar here | here)
Leather Jacket: Zara (old, similar herehere )
Skirt: Club Monaco (old, similar here | here)
Shoes: Payless Shoes (buy one get one 50% off)
Gloves: Le Chateau (current)




No comments:

Post a Comment